Monday, April 25, 2016

Screenshot of the Week #81: Tactical cowering!




                Somehow this blog has been on a streak of Souls articles this month, but that’s about to end with the upcoming review for Dark Souls III. Since my last post, I’ve spent dozens of hours exploring the game through a second playthrough and a NG+, trying to understand the mysterious story and enjoying the gameplay while being enraged by the PvP imbalances.
The combination of entertainment and frustration that I’ve experienced in the past few weeks is the gaming emotional peak of this year and I have a feeling that it will last for a while (I’m not rooting for it, it’s just a feeling). Maybe I’ve been led to this moment by the path I set for myself before the game’s release or maybe it is because I’ve skipped quite a few notable titles this year. But even if one of these two plays a role, I’m sure it also has to do with the fact that Dark Souls III is not your average experience which tends to be the case with some of the important releases of each year.
                It certainly has been a wild ride playing Dark Souls III with over 100 hours spent in the game and an achievement completion reaching the grinding level of an MMO. I’m almost ready to holster my Twins Princes’ Greatsword (bragging!) and move on to other games (like Battlefleet Gothic: Armada), but not until I pour my love and hate for the game into one half of a review that should be the clash of opinions between a fan and a skeptic (guess who’s who!). So stay tuned!
It's all part of the plan!


In the meantime, please share our articles and follow us on Steam, Twitter and on Facebook!!


Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment