Sunday, February 14, 2016

Screenshot of the Week #71: Welcome to London!




                There are a few themes that I never get tired to see in video games: Eldritch, steampunk and Victorian London. Seeing the three together in a game is one of my long lasting dreams, but that isn’t bound to happen and I make do with what I have. So, on that end I started playing Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
                The series is not far from where I left it after my brief incursion with Black Flag in 2013. Surely the graphics have evolved and the gameplay might be a little more refined, but overall not much has changed. Assassin’s Creed is still a series presenting a secret war between assassins and templars in a historical setting following an alternative course of events than what we know from the books. It has its good moments and offers quite a source of entertainment, but tends to fall short on the long run due to repetitive gameplay (it's about time Ubisoft takes some time off to reconsider the gameplay mechanics). Syndicate makes no exception in this matter despite some visible quality of life improvements here and there coupled with a few new features to set this title aside. But as with Black Flags, the setting is what drawn me to venture into this world again and considering the visual spectacle that opens up in front of my eyes, I think I’ll give the game a pass on its shortcomings for a while and enjoy exploring a beautiful Victorian London.
This view!


In the meantime, please share our articles and follow us on Steam, Twitter and on Facebook!!


Thanks!!!




Nodrim

No comments:

Post a Comment