Sunday, January 31, 2016

Two years of games slashing!!!




                Who would have thought this day would come? I had my doubts in the beginning, but as I wrote more and more I started to realize how much I like what I’m doing and those doubts went away. So, despite my style of quitting everything I knew that won’t happen with this project.
I want to keep things pretty simple with this post. Sure it wasn’t easy to get so far and it will probably become harder in the future. But this is a celebration of a birthday not a funeral so there is no need to get emotional.
                Another year of slashing through video games and what a year! I had a pre-release review, three interviews and a few popular articles with views in the order of thousands. The articles almost doubled in number and the views almost tripled and that has to mean something and that gives me confidence to continue and to work harder.
I might have missed on my deadlines and didn’t deliver on some of the promised articles, but my focus for quality hasn’t changed. I want my articles to be the best they can be and if I can’t do that I’m not reluctant to let go (and also time clearly isn’t on my side...).
The plans for the future are crystal clear for me: write more (and better), expand the variety of articles and ultimately and the most important one is switching to a real website and that is taken care of (coming really soon!).
                I have the tendency of overwriting everything but I’m learning to control this. So, in the spirit of keeping things shorter I’ll end this with my gratitude.
I want to thank TopSOUL for taking out of his time to help me by editing most of the articles and supporting me with this endeavor (which can’t be easy). I want to thank Wolfe for joining in with a few but well written articles. I want to thank Mosquito Media for taking on the job to build the future for The Game Slashers. And ultimately I want to thank all those who didn’t doubt me and the readers who have the willpower to put up with a ton of text and see what’s underneath.
I still remember the promise I made when I started this, but DayZ is still not done yet, so if you really want that full review you should stick around (for a couple of years :D).

Happy Birthday The Game Slashers!!!





Nodrim

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! So proud of you!!Keep up the good work!;)

    ReplyDelete