Sunday, January 24, 2016

Screenshot of the Week #69: Archeological preparations!




                January 28 is getting closer and closer so I thought I’ll give Tomb Raider (2013) another run so I can make a fair comparison between the two games.
                First of all, the game holds up pretty well, the gameplay mechanics are good, the visuals are pleasing and Lara’s hair is as phenomenal as ever. The UI is a console mess, the shooting is average and the story is more about Lara falling into a chain of quick time events, but overall, Tomb Raider is as good of an action adventure game today as it was back in 2013.
That being said I’m expecting big improvements from Rise of the Tomb Raider. I want a game with more survival elements, a story with less coincidental moments, better gun play and if possible no quick time events. I know the game has some of these things sorted out. But despite seeing the ending on a stream I’ve stayed away for as much as possible from any video content so I can have a fresh experience of the game. I’m looking forward to being surprised by Rise of the Tomb Raider!
Brace for QTEs!


In the meantime, please share our articles and follow us on Steam, Twitter and on Facebook!!


Thanks!!!




Nodrim

No comments:

Post a Comment