Sunday, January 3, 2016

Screenshot of the Week #66: A mad start!




                This is the opening article for the year 2016 a year in which I will continue my quest of improving this blog and my writing while trying to keeping up with the new releases by writing as many articles as possible. I’m not going to make many promises as I tried before and rarely worked out well, but 2015 went pretty well and I’m almost positive things will only get better. Hopefully my collaborations will continue with more articles from a different perspective than my own.
                The plan for January is to get the upcoming games articles going. They should have been ready by now but real life intervened and the articles got postponed. There is a lot of work to be done on these articles because it seems like the year 2016 is full of interesting and promising video games and I don’t want to skip on any of them.
                The end of the year found me playing games that I’ve missed at their time being from 2015 or previous years. I’ve gave Mad Max a chance since the game is like the working version of a Batman game, but having a hero without a cape and no friends. I’ve found it quite enjoyable and relaxing. The good vibe sent by the movie make Mad Max special and the lack of car fighting games make it almost unique.
I also returned to XCOM but this time playing the expanded version Enemy Within in preparation for XCOM 2. I still find the game overrated, but I can’t deny that the combat is really good and the expansion improves on the original game which had some annoying flaws.
These holidays Rust joined my list of survival games I’ve played. There are striking similarities between this game and ARK. But on the positive side of things, Rust doesn’t seem such a horrible grind fest, it can be extremely punishing as your entire work can be lost if your base has a bad design (by the game’s standards) or if you make the wrong enemies or don’t make friends. Still, I’m going to continue playing it in a more casual fashion since it has lots of high adrenaline moments that I’ve been missing since the last time I’ve played an online survival game.
                I’m ending the end of the year retrospective with hope that the New Year will be filled with good games and The Game Slashers will deliver the highest quality articles to date following the same principles of objective criticism.
Happy New Year!
Turning everything to ashes!


In the meantime, please share our articles and follow us on Steam, Twitter and on Facebook!!


Thanks!!!




Nodrim

No comments:

Post a Comment