Sunday, April 19, 2015

Screenshot of the Week #34: Claire is back!




                This week the Alpha testing for Armored Warfare started again and I still can’t talk about it, but I can say there is a visible progress from the previous testing session and I think the Closed Beta Test / Early Access is getting closer.
                I’ve been toying with the idea of buying Grand Theft Auto V, I’m not sure yet since it is quite expensive, but people everywhere say that the game is great and feels like a PC title, which is something so rare nowadays.
                In the meantime I purchased Resident Evil Revelations 2 and I’m glad I did. This title is so much closer to how this series used to be before it went full action mode and I think is great that is coming back to its roots. But I think the developers could have tried to innovate a little, instead of using the old recipe for the survival horror games. I feel survival genre has leaped forward since DayZ success and older fashion games will have a harder time because of this. Either way, Revelations 2 seems very promising, I’ve finished two episodes and I was quite mesmerized for the time. I missed the series so much and I didn’t realize it until playing another game from it.
She doesn't seem very happy about this.


                Last week I’ve got my first press copy and it was Blue Estate The Game from the HE SAW studio (I’m a semi-pro now!). The game is pretty good for a rail shooter and I’ve already wrote a review about it.
This week I also managed to finish the article about best male characters in video games. The last two parts were quite demanding and required a huge amount of research since I forgot many details about the characters.
                I’ve been working on improving the number of reviews posted per month and I’m doing better already with two reviews this month and one more in the works for Revelations 2. Hopefully, every new game I play and finish will turn into a review and to make this possible I improved my reviewing techniques by taking a huge amount of notes while playing the game (it works quite well).
                The last thing I want to talk about is that I finally got to talk a little with George Weidman (Super Bunnyhop youtube channel) and he gave me some pointers on how to improve my writing and I’m going to follow what he told me and maybe become much better at writing. He did have some good suggestions and recommended me a book on the subject matter which I bought and I’m trying to find time to read it. It is possible for my writing style to go through various changes in the upcoming months, but I hope this will lead to better articles (bear with me).

In the meantime, please share my articles and follow me on
Steam, Twitter and on Facebook!!

Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment