Sunday, September 28, 2014

Screenshot of the Week #5: Creepy Beauty!




             This weekend I managed to finish Wasteland 2 after 81 hours of full RPG pleasure. I’m planning to go for another playthrough, but I'm going to wait for the game to receive some more updates since it has lots of issues that need to be fixed.
             So I turned to the next game on my list, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, which was released this month on 19. I was expecting a thrilling and creepy adventure from this game set in a beautiful looking world and it actually delivered, all with just one problem (I'm not counting the fact that I consider the ending predictable). The game is so short and by the time you are fully caught in the atmosphere and story you find out that you have finished it. It took me three hours to end this game and I believe I've done everything possible in it and I paid attention to every detail in my path.
For some players a game with three hours of gameplay might be too little for a title with a price tag of 18.99, but I don’t think this was the issue for me. My problem with the game is that I wanted more, I wish this was just an episode and there were more to come.
One thing is sure with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played and the attention for graphical details is remarkable. I made so many screenshots, I don’t even know which one to pick!
Is it wrong if I find this beautiful?!


                I’m working on the reviews for Wasteland 2 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and I’ll probably post them in the following weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment